While vaccination centers are being set up with feverish haste in Europe, the number of those who are skeptical or even hostile towards vaccination against the coronavirus is growing. The arguments are manifold and range from healthy skepticism about a new kind of vaccine to conspiracy theories that fear the implantation of a microchip.
If critical questions regarding the development and use of new vaccines are fundamentally important and necessary, ideologically, and religion-based rejection of vaccination should be taken quite seriously. Often emotional, theologically-characterized, or socially-conditioned argumentation is mixed in the process. In this context, not only scientific arguments can be used, but the rejectionist attitude must also be classified theologically and ethically.
The aim of this CEC webinar is to inform you of the current state of scientific knowledge regarding vaccination against COVID-19, to formulate ethical questions and to provide fact-based information to those responsible in church and society, and to give insight into ethical questions from a Christian perspective.
- Rev. Prof. Gina Radford
- Former Deputy Chief Medical NHS Officer
- Bio: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gina_Radford
- Prof. Dr. Ulrich H. J. Körtner
- Institut for Systematic Theology
- President of the Institute for Ethics and Law, University of Vienna
- Bio: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulrich_H._J._Körtner
- Dr. John J. L. Jacobs
- Immunologist and Medical Data Scientist
- Member of Science, New Technologies and Christian Ethics Thematic Group
- Bio: https://johnjacobs.weebly.com/
- Prof. Gayle Woloschak
- Professor of Radiation Oncology & Adjunct Professor of Religion and Science, Chicago
- Bio: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Gayle_Woloschak
- Prof. Julija Vidovic
- Institut de théologie orthodoxe
- Saint Serge, Paris
- Dr. Brendan Mc Carthy
- Church of England National Adviser on Medical Ethics & Health and Social Care
- policy Member of the CEC SCI Thematic Group
This post will expire on Thursday February 18th, 2021 11:59pm