Beyond food parcels: how can churches build on community involvement in a post-pandemic world? Join our online conference on Saturday, 30 January 2021 from 10am to 1pm repeated 27 February 2021
Practical tools to help your church
As society confronts the daunting issues of unemployment, economic downturn and the educational impact on a generation of children and young people, the church has a huge opportunity to be a part of the answer.
Join Rev. Steve Chalke, MBE, founder of Oasis and joint leader of Oasis Church Waterloo, as we explore:
- How churches can respond to the social, spiritual, economic and practical needs of individuals and whole communities?
- What challenges will people face in a post-Covid Britain?
- How do we reimagine stronger, Christ-centred and more inclusive church communities?
Come and take part in a practical and thought-provoking webinar aimed at equipping you and your church with the understanding, tools and skills to develop and deepen the transformation that you are bringing to your community.
Sessions will be led by Steve Chalke, who will be joined by a panel of Senior Oasis Community Leaders. There will be an opportunity for you to ask the panel questions.
The programme will cover:
- The Theology of Community Building – why this is at the heart of a church
- Q & A with Steve Chalke (submit your questions online in advance)
- Understanding your church’s identity and DNA – communicating your theology through your ethos and values
- Panel discussion: with our Senior Oasis Community Leaders: Andrew Smyth, Oasis Community Hub Leader, Oldham; Jo Dolby, Hub Leader, Bath; Nathan Jones, Business Development Manager, Oasis Hub Waterloo; and Rebekah Gibson, Waterloo Advice Centre and Foodbank Manager.The Panel will share their motivation for the work they do and explain how Oasis theology works out in practice.They will also give an insight into the nuts and bolts of developing a project with a community centred approach
Saturday, 30 January 2021 from 10am to 1pm repeated on Saturday, 27 February 2021 Tickets: £5 (group of five: £20).
A huge opportunity for churches to transform communities
Churches have played a vital role throughout the emergency and there is now a huge opportunity to be part of the solution to these challenging issues and play a role in transforming society.Read more
This post will expire on Saturday February 27th, 2021 11:59pm