Music for Mission and Ministry : 29 Sep-1 Oct, ONLINE
Music for Mission and Ministry offers training for leaders of worship, both lay and ordained, and church musicians, now available as an online course. The course uses a ‘blended learning’ approach over three days, combining tutor-led sessions, supporting online media and pdf handouts.
Music is a gift to the church. It adds an extra dimension to worship. It enhances words and makes them more meaningful. Music is a language in its own right, which embodies beauty and connects with emotions as well as intellect. It can reach depths of the human soul that words alone don’t reach.
The course aims
- to inspire your worship in fresh ways
- to deepen your knowledge and understanding
- to equip you for the future
- to introduce you to new resources
The programme of eight sessions will cover
- The role of music in Christian worship
- Heritage from Judaism
- The horns of several dilemmas, including challenges posed by Covid-19
- A musical timeline from biblical times to present
- Wise choices of resources
- Parish management – how to cope with or without musicians
- The shape of the new normal
- Publications and copyright
The course is held in an attitude of worship and prayer, showcasing different styles and genres of music throughout the programme. We will worship together online but also signpost participants to examples of worship in a breadth of traditions and styles to prompt reflection and discussion.
The course starts at 11.00 on Tuesday 29 September, with morning, afternoon and evening sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday. The course finishes at 13.00 on Thursday 1 October.Read more
This post will expire on Thursday October 1st, 2020 11:59pm