Inter Faith Week 2020 : 8-15 Nov
GROWING INTER FAITH UNDERSTANDING AND COOPERATION
Inter Faith Week 2020 will take place from Sunday 8 – Sunday 15 November.
Inter Faith Week’s aims are to:
- Strengthen good inter faith relations at all levels
- Increase awareness of the different and distinct faith communities in the UK, in particular celebrating and building on the contribution which their members make to their neighbourhoods and to wider society
- Increase understanding between people of religious and non-religious beliefs.
Video: A webinar for inter faith organisations (local, regional and national) about preparing for Inter Faith Week 2020
Below you can watch the recording of the first in a series of webinars about planning and preparing for Inter Faith Week 2020. The webinar was held by the Inter Faith Network for the UK (IFN) on 29 July 2020.
- ‘Some introductory reflections’ from Narendra Waghela, IFN Co-Chair and member of Leicester Council of Faiths
- ‘Widening involvement – and being open to honest interaction’ by Kaneez Khan, Near Neighbours West Yorkshire
- ‘Inter Faith Week – some practical pointers and ideas for this 2020 Week at a time of COVID-19’ by Dr David Hampshire, IFN Assistant Director
- ‘Physical or virtual – some considerations’ by Yogesh Joshi, Watford Inter Faith Association Vice Chair
- ‘On the virtual road – creating a successful online inter faith walk’ by Penny Faust, member and former Chair of Oxford Council of Faiths; Chair of the annual Oxford Interfaith Friendship Walk; and Co-President of Oxford Jewish Congregation
- ‘Voices of hope’ by The Revd Richard Martin, Chair of North Kent Inter Faith Relations Council
- ‘Closing reflections’ from Ed Petersen, Chair of Northern Ireland Inter Faith Forum
- ‘Closing reflections’ from Dr Harriet Crabtree, IFN Executive Director
Facilitated by Ashley Beck, Inter Faith Development Officer, IFN.Read more
This post will expire on Sunday November 15th, 2020 11:59pm