Do you work for the voluntary, community or social enterprise sector (VCSE) within Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly?
Following the successful Pluss social prescribing webinar held in June 2020 on Chaos TV, we’ve organised another exciting session on Friday 29 January between 11am to 1pm.
Interested in learning more about social prescribing? We’d love to have you join us.
What are the main aims of the webinar?
- To be a part of the Cornwall wide focus to ensure our communities benefit from social prescribing and VCSE are supported to deliver this for the NHS Ten-year plan
- To continue the conversation about social prescribing and the impact on VCSE
- To share key findings from the survey which seeks to understand the impact of social prescribing on the VCSE sector within Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
- To identify next steps for VCSE and social prescribing within Cornwall and IoS
Who will be speaking?
- Decision makers to community makers
- People who have benefitted from social prescribing, sharing what is important to them
Once registered you will be contacted via email before the event with a link/instructions to access the webinar.
11:00 – 11:05 Welcome to Social Prescribing webinar – connecting local people to local services with Sarah Stevens – Pluss
11:05 – 11:15 What is Social Prescribing? with Jess Merivale – Pluss, David Willoughby and Kim Cunningham – Social Prescribing participants
11:15 – 11:30 Statistics and insights from Social Prescribing in Cornwall & IoS and the South West with Dr Richard Kimberlee – Social Prescribing Network SW Lead, Rahul Mittal – Exeter University Business School and Dr Richard Sharpe – Public Health Cornwall
11:30 – 11:45 Challenges and Barriers of Social Prescribing with Sam Henderson-Palmer – Wave Project, Chantal Shears – The Clothes Horse Cornwall in Newquay and Jenny Web – Newquay Fibro and CFS group Fybromielga Cornwall
11:45 – 12:00 Funding and peer support with Tamas Haydu – Cornwall Community Foundation, Sarah Witts – Nature Connect CIC and Jayne Howard – Arts Well
12:00 – 12:20 Collaboration, coordination and partnership – Working Together in St Austell, with Hayley Burgoyne – St Austell Health Centre and Active Cornwall
12:20 – 12.30 Working with your GP practice with Alex Ollivier – Veor Surgery social Prescriber and Emma Mansfield – Really Lovely Projects
12:30 -12:35 Social Prescribing summary and viewer’s pledges with Sarah Stevens – Pluss and Julie Pollard (JP) – Volunteer Cornwall
12:35 – 12:50 What does the future hold for social prescribing with Amanda Stratford – CEO Healthwatch Cornwall, Victoria Norman – Signum Health and Emma Rowse – NHS, Volunteer Cornwall & Voluntary Sector Forum
12:50 – 13:00 Q&A with all guests and event close
You can visit CHAOS TV for a whole range of fun, interesting and helpful content HERE!
Post expires on January 29th, 2021