What does social justice look like where you are? Reconnect with fellow changemakers and be re-energised to work & pray for peace & justice.
During the pandemic, ‘local’ has taken on a renewed importance. The needs, characteristics and opportunities in our communities have been seen in different ways. A new role for the ‘local’ has emerged in the political landscape too, as ‘levelling up’ and regional and national identities are given new prominence. And, across the UK, grassroots organising is bringing new power to campaigning for change.
The Joint Public Issues Team’s 2022 national conference will begin here, with the local.
- What does social justice look like where you are?
- Where do we find hope in our neighbourhoods?
- What can we learn from those who are already doing this work?
- How can local change be part of changing the bigger picture?
How can we unearth hope and seek justice From the Ground Up?
This one-day conference will invite you to join with us to explore how we can listen to our communities, amplify local voices and connect these together to work for change at national and international levels.
From the Ground Up will offer two styles of conference on the same day.
- There will be an online conference, making the most of Zoom technology with dedicated spaces for interaction, workshops and encouragement.
- At the same time, we will host an on-site conference in London, with physical spaces that are mindful of public health requirements.
You can book tickets for the online and on-site conference through this page.
Whichever conference style you choose, you will have the opportunity to hear from great speakers, learn and ask questions in workshops and be inspired through creative arts and conversation, crafted into the most suitable format for you.
Together, we hope to be inspired and re-energised to speak, pray and act boldly for peace and justice.
With Emma Revie (CEO of Trussell Trust), Zrinka Bralo (CEO of Migrants Organise), Bishop Mike Royal (incoming CTE General Secretary) and more to be announced!
Aged under 25? We’d love to have you there. Book a free ticket to attend the conference either online or on-site if you’re aged under 25.Read more