Join us for a zoom panel discussion with cathedral music specialists as they discuss the future of choral music in a post-pandemic world.
About this Event
For thousands of years, our cathedrals and churches have been filled with the sound of voices raised in song. In 2020 our choirs were silenced for the first time in living memory but the music did not stop.
As we look to the future, how do we ensure our precious living tradition of choral music does not only survive this tumultuous time, but thrive in the years to come?
Join us for a panel discussion with cathedral music specialists as they discuss the future of choral music in a post-pandemic world.
- Revd Canon Dr Rowan Williams (Precentor at Peterborough Cathedral)
- Tansy Castledine (Director of Music at Peterborough Cathedral)
- Christopher Gray (Director of Music at Truro Cathedral)
- Rachel Mahon (Director of Music at Coventry Cathedral)
- Daniel Cook (Director of Music at Durham Cathedral)
- Peter Allwood (Chair of Cathedral Music Trust)
Pay as you feel
We ask those who wish to join us for this event to ‘pay as you feel’ – you will have the opportunity to make a donation at the checkout stage as well as after the event itself.
Through your donation, you will help empower us to make impactful grants to cathedrals and choral foundations across the UK and, in doing so, enable this unique, centuries-old tradition to evolve and flourish.Read more
This post will expire on Saturday March 6th, 2021 11:59pm