ACAT (Assn of Church Accountants and Treasurers) are holding a Training Day in Plymouth in September. The details are:
Venue: Engage Southwest, St Levan Road, Milehouse, PLYMOUTH PL2 3BG
Date: Saturday 14th September 2019
Course: Being a Treasurer: The Basics
This course continues to be extremely popular with new and experienced treasurers alike. With a very practical approach, “The Basics” will equip today’s treasurer with the knowledge needed to carry out their multi-faceted role. Subjects covered include:
- Treasurer as Trustee: Churches as Charities; Responsibilities of Trustees
- Treasurer as Bookkeeper: Managing Finance Operations; Keeping Accounting Records; Fund Accounting
- Treasurer as Planner: Budgeting; Risk Management
- Treasurer as Optimiser: Gift Aid; GASDS; VAT
- Treasurer as Communicator: Trustees’ Annual Report; Financial Statements; Independent Examination
Whether you are new to the role or have been in post for many years, you will find something in the course to benefit you. The cost is £50 and includes all course material, refreshments and a buffet lunch. Registration will be from 9.30 am onwards for a prompt start at 10.00 am and the course will finish by 4.00 pm. Please book early to secure your place if you wish to attend. We will be delighted to welcome both members and non-members of ACAT at this event, so please feel free to mention it to your fellow treasurers in other churches.
To book a place in PLYMOUTH visit our website.
You can book instantly online using Paypal or a credit/debit card, or print out a postal booking form to send with a cheque.
We hope you will be able to join us there and look forward to hearing from you.