Anglican Communion Webinar: 25 March 2021, 7-8.30pm.
Join this interactive webinar to hear from leaders across the Anglican Communion, who will share their insights about the steps that churches need to take on divestment and investment ahead of COP26 in Glasgow in November 2021. The webinar will provide the opportunity to find out how you can get involved in campaigning for divestment in your local church, diocese and at a national level.
- Keynote speaker: Rt Revd Dr Steven Croft, Bishop of Oxford: Fossil fuel divestment, positive investment and the urgent need for a just and green recovery from Covid-19.
- Revd Dr Rachel Mash, Environmental Coordinator of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa and Secretary to the Anglican Communion Environmental Network: The theological underpinnings of divestment.
- Revd Jacynthia Murphy, Anglican Church in Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia: The impact of the climate crisis in the Pacific Islands and decision of the Anglican Church in Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia to divest.
- Very Revd John Conway, Provost of St Mary’s Episcopal Cathedral, Edinburgh: How St Mary’s Episcopal Cathedral divested from fossil fuels and what needs to happen now in the Scottish Episcopal Church.
- Revd Stuart Elliott, Vicar of Betws-y-Coed Parish Church and Member of Church in Wales’ Environment Group and Ethical Investment Group: Fossil fuel divestment in the Church in Wales and investment in climate solutions.
- Stephen Trew, Member of the Church of Ireland General Synod: The Church of Ireland divestment journey.
- James Buchanan, Bright Now Campaign Manager at Operation Noah: Key findings of the report Church investments in major oil companies: Paris compliant or Paris defiant?
The webinar is organised by the Anglican Communion Environmental Network, Operation Noah, Christian Aid, Tearfund and Eco-congregation Scotland.
It is open to all, and will be of particular interest to members of the Church of England and Christian climate campaigners.
Please register via Eventbrite.Read more
This post will expire on Thursday March 25th, 2021 11:59pm