Areas in Cornwall have officially some of the highest rates of child poverty in Europe. Our primary aim is to bring communities together to help struggling local families, with the gift of much needed children’s clothes. We will not be operating along traditional charity business models or that of the foodbanks. No money will ever change hands. We aim to operate on goodwill alone. It is time to take back our communities and restore our faith in one another.
Our ethos is simple: it is one of kindness.
- We are not a charity, but a goodwill organisation.
- We are a non-political group with no political allegiances.
- We take the gift of pre-loved children’s clothes and redistribute them to anyone who feels they need our help.
- We are open to all and do not operate a referral or voucher system. We realise that in tough times, working families also need a hand.
- We cater for boys and girls from birth to sixteen. As well as everyday clothes, we also carry school uniforms, coats and shoes.
- What we do as a team, is about more than simply supplying much needed items. It is about building a better society and enabling communities to come together.
- Kindness is the one thing we can all give!
Unfortunately, all our donation points are currently closed and we are not able to receive any donations of clothes, toys and household items for the time being.
How we work
We take the gift of pre-loved children’s clothes and redistribute them to anyone who feels they need our help.
We are open to all and do not operate a referral or voucher system. We realise that in tough times, even working families need a hand.
We cater for boys and girls from birth to sixteen. As well as everyday clothes, we also carry school uniforms, winter coats and shoes.
During the Covid-19 crisis we have set up a “Come and Collect” service where families can book an appointment and collect packs of children’s clothes and shoes sorted by size and gender. All the clothes have been quarantined for at least 72 hours.
We are currently running monthly events at All Saints Church, Highertown, Truro. TR1 3LD. Check Facebook for dates.
We have packs of clothes for children from new born to late teens – sorted by size and gender.
We also have some shoes, coats and school uniform. These have all been quarantined for more than 72 hours.
You’ll need to contact us to book an appointment for each monthly event 2 weeks before the event. Either message CCCB Events on Facebook or email email@example.com
To save you a wasted journey, please tell us what size clothes you need.
Social distancing and hygiene rules will apply.
|All Saints Church, Tresawls Road, Highertown, Truro TR1 3LD|
|Check Facebook for latest information|
Post expires on February 23rd, 2021