Location: Devon and Cornwall
Working Hours: 35 per week
Contract: Fixed Term for 2 years
Application closing date: 10/10/2021
Salary: £27,345 per annum
We are passionate about engaging, equipping and inspiring young people to become followers of Jesus who, through their discipleship transform their culture, standing for social change and justice.
We are looking to recruit a committed Christian with a passion to develop and deliver youth ministry provision in Salvation Army contexts across Devon & Cornwall. You will equip, enable and empower local youth workers to engage with young people and the issues affecting them in their community and inspire them to become followers of Jesus.
As the successful candidate you will contribute to the youth strategy and its delivery, build strong collaborative relationships, facilitate small groups, mentor local leaders, promote innovative resources for discipleship, leadership and mission, support leaders in creating opportunities for unchurched young people to engage with faith, engage with young people face to face and on virtual platforms, develop partnerships with external organisations and assist in events & gatherings.
To be successful you will be IT literate, able to manage your own workload and will have:
- A recognised youth work professional qualification together with a good knowledge and experience of youth discipleship, leadership & mission
- Experience of mentoring & supporting young people & youth leaders
- A strong work ethic, drive, initiative & attention to detail
- Demonstrable skills in youth and community engagement
- Confidence to facilitate small groups of young people or leaders
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to use digital & social media
- Proven ability to be adaptable, flexible, think critically and creatively and work on your own initiative without direct supervision
- Awareness of safeguarding legislation
- The ability to work flexible hours, including evenings & weekends, with occasional residential work
- Full driving licence
This role has an occupational requirement that the successful candidate must be a committed and practising Christian and will be in sympathy with the doctrines of, and supportive of, the purposes and the aims and objectives of The Salvation Army
In order to complete your application please download and read the job profile.
In the ‘You have’ section you will find the criteria required for the role please make sure that you address this in your supporting statement.
Appointment subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK and DBS Disclosure
CVs will not be accepted. Promoting equality in the workplace.