Salary £52,000 to £56,000 (depending on experience)
Closing date for applications: 12th January 2022
Hours: Permanent, Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity to join our senior team in the Diocese of Exeter as the Deputy Diocesan Director of Education. The role will work closely with the Diocesan Director of Education and Education colleagues to fulfil the Diocesan Board of Education’s vision to ‘nurture vision-inspired education; nourish personal and spiritual growth and to enable connected communities that flourish.
With 134 Church of England schools, your role will involve working with school leaders, including those involved in governance; with other system leaders across the region; and with diocesan colleagues. In this role you will lead the development of school improvement and effectiveness services to schools, academies, federations and Academy Trusts on behalf of the Exeter Diocesan Boards of Education and Finance (EDBE and EDBF). In conjunction with the Director Education, this means you will:
- Provide leadership in further developing high quality school improvement and effectiveness services to schools, academies and Academy Trusts.
- Build effective partnerships with MATs, Teaching Schools, Federations, Local Authorities and other dioceses.
- Deputise for the Director and represent the DBE on relevant local, regional and national bodies.
- Line manage staff within the Education Department.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role, please do not hesitate to contact Sue Lockwood, the Diocesan Director of Education, on 07519 118742 or by emailing email@example.com
The Deputy Diocesan Director of Education role requires a high degree of proficiency across the domains of:
- Leading Education Services
- Strategic development and building educational capacity
- Formal external representation of EDBE
- Monitoring and raising standards in education
- Multi agency team working and relationship building
- Line management of staff
The Deputy Director will be required to apply for an Enhanced disclosure certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service in connection with this role. Extensive travel will be involved due to the geographical location of schools and colleagues with some out of hours working for which time off in lieu may be taken. Please see the attached role description for further responsibilities.
The Ideal Candidate
Please see the attached role description for details of the role and person specification.
The Diocese of Exeter matches almost exactly the boundaries of the county of Devon, including Torbay and Plymouth. We are a family of Christians, worshipping God in many different settings and groups. We are led by the Bishop of Exeter, and governed by Diocesan Synod which is made up of representatives from across the Diocese. To arrange an informal discussion about the post please email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 07952 596277.Read more