Churches Together in England is recruiting for a Principal Officer for Ecumenical Development and Relations. Applications must be received by 12 noon on Friday 27 May 2022.
- Full time (37.5 hours) per week incl. weekends/evenings, travel etc.
- Salary £43,000 plus homeworking allowance.
- Home-based, but willing to travel.
Churches Together in England (CTE) is seeking an able and dedicated ecumenist to provide inspiration and encouragement to ecumenical work at a local, intermediate and national level.
The ideal candidate will:
- have extensive experience of working ecumenically at a local and intermediate level and engaging with ecumenical stakeholders at a national level
- be skilled at building rapport, developing relationships, both internal and external, with integrity
- have experience of organizing and facilitating ecumenical events and conference programmes, including experience of developing relevant programme content
- demonstrate the ability to problem solve and a ‘can do’ attitude with skills to be able to handle sensitive situations with wisdom and tact
How to apply
Please read through the information in the following three documents carefully before beginning your application
If you then decide you wish to apply for the position, please complete the application Form*, noting the following points:
- Make sure the information given is accurate.
- The supporting statement section is your opportunity to ‘sell’ yourself. In answering this section, it is important to provide evidence of your knowledge and skills as they relate to the post, particularly the person specification. This contains the criteria against which you will be assessed. Merely stating that you are good or competent at something will score fewer points than if you are able to support your statements with work-based examples. Please do not assume that we have prior knowledge of your capabilities.
- Use as much space as is required for each section.
- Do not attach a CV as it will not be accepted.
Completed application forms must be submitted in Word version, in order for the first page to be detached, and should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also complete and email in the Equality and Diversity monitoring form*.
* Please note, you will need to save these forms and click on the button to allow editing.
To arrange informal discussion about the role, please contact the CTE General Secretary, Bishop Mike Royal by email.
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 27 May 2022
Shortlisting will be carried out thereafter and all those invited for interview will be contacted following this date.
Interview date: Week commencing 6 June 2022