From Bangladesh to Brazil, Australia to Austria and South Africa to the Solomon Islands, Thy Kingdom Come has now had engagement from Christians in almost 90% of countries worldwide!
This year’s Thy Kingdom Come happened from 30th May – 9th June bringing together millions of Christians, from across 65 different denominations and traditions to pray for more people to come faith in Jesus.
The final version of the Thy Kingdom Come 2019 impact report has now been published.
Here are some of this year’s ‘Headlines’ at a glance:
- This year Thy Kingdom Come was endorsed by a range of high-profile leaders, including His Holiness Pope Francis. Her Majesty The Queen also commended Thy Kingdom Come in a speech to the Church of Scotland.
- The Thy Kingdom Come app was downloaded thousands of times in almost 100 countries worldwide – more than twice as many as in 2018.
- Reflecting the global growth, resources continue to be translated into many languages including Maori, Arabic, Malagasy and Finnish to name a few.
In our annual feedback survey (2,600 people responded), we also found that:
• 92% of those taking part were praying for friends and family members to come to know Jesus – with nearly 2/3 (62%) of this group planning to follow up or talk to the people they were praying for;
• 70% of those who took part felt more encouraged to share their faith;
• 40% of respondents took part for the first time this year – which shows this is still very much a growing movement;
• 99% want to be involved again next year, the same figure as last year – demonstrating growth and value.
Thy Kingdom Come began as an invitation from the Archbishops of Canterbury and York to the Anglican Communion to pray for more people to come to faith in Jesus during Ascension to Pentecost inspired by Acts 2.
However the movement has grown astronomically with Christians from all traditions and backgrounds taking part – hosting special worship services, prayer meetings, prayer walks, continuous prayer sessions to Beacon events.Download
Post expires on December 31st, 2019