External review of Transformation Cornwall’s work
The results are in from an external review of Transformation Cornwall’s work conducted by James Baddeley from Civil Society Consulting. The external evaluation was designed to assess the value and impact of infrastructure support and local capacity-building, which Transformation Cornwall delivers to the Cornish faith community.
The evaluator has concluded:
‘…it is clear that Transformation Cornwall is a vital resource to the faith sector in Cornwall providing high quality and responsive support, advice and guidance….’
Of the 41 Cornish faith groups responding on the benefits of this work to them:
- 100% said they are more aware of funding opportunities and have better awareness of the funding application process.
- 90% said their fundraising confidence and skills have improved.
- 89% have submitted more applications to charitable trusts.
- 87% have improved the quality of their services.
- 83% have refurbished their building or created a brand-new building.
- 81% have increased the number of people they support.
- 78% have a workable business plan/strategy document in place.
One of the projects that Transformation Cornwall supports is The Truro Lifehouse 10 10 Project at All Saints Church, Highertown, Truro. Revd Jeremy Putnam says:
‘[Transformation Cornwall has] been a key partner for us for a long time since the early days of our vision and project. They changed our thinking on how we engage and consult with people. It would have been so easy to lead people, but they helped us actively listen – this has enabled us to maintain a sense of community ownership, so the project feels owned by the community, not the church family.’
Transformation Cornwall’s External Review can be read HERERead more