Crucible Online: Booking open!
Crucible Course is running online again in October and November, with two modules:
After Christendom: Tuesdays October 5, 12, 19; November 2, 9, 16 at 7pm
Church Unplugged: Wednesdays October 6, 13, 20, November 3, 10, 17 at 7pm
New Format – We’ve updated the format for the new season – each module will run on six evenings, once a week, with a mid-module break. In response to feedback there will be extra time for breakout rooms and plenary discussion.
Christians across western culture are facing profound challenges and fresh opportunities. The long era of ‘Christendom’ is coming to an end. We now live in a plural society, with multiple religious options alongside the prevailing secular assumptions, in which Christianity has lost its position of dominance and privilege and churches are on the margins of society. Although we seem to be declining in numbers and influence, this context offers many new possibilities – if we have the courage and imagination to grasp them.
Crucible is for Christians with courage and imagination, who suspect that:
- We need to operate as cross-cultural missionaries because we live in a cross-cultural mission context.
- We need to think creatively about incarnating the gospel and planting new kinds of churches in emerging and diverse cultures.
- We need to recover the biblical vision of shalom and reflect on how we live as followers of Jesus in light of this all-embracing vision.
- We need to pay particular attention to the margins, because we serve the God who frequently does new things there:
– On the margins of society among the poor and disenfranchised.
– At the margins of culture, where creative thinking explores new possibilities.
– On the margins of the familiar, the spaces all around us, neglected or ignored, but full of potential.
Additional Support & Engagement
For the autumn we are offering participants:
- Learning hubs: opportunities for in-person groups in local areas where there are enough people nearby, facilitated by one of the Crucible team.
- Communities of practice: opportunities for online conversations after each module with a focus on applying what has been learned, facilitated by our partners, Urban Life.
New Payment System
Pay what you feel: we don’t want to exclude anyone for financial reasons, so we are offering the modules on this more flexible basis.
Check out our website for more information: cruciblecourse.org.uk
Book through Ticket Tailor: https://www.tickettailor.com/events/adminue
Post expires on November 17th, 2021