On the final day of the G7 summit the Extinction Rebellion protest will return to St. Ives where a day of creative beach based actions is planned, including art installations, music, speakers and ‘discobedience’.
The theme for the day is “All hands on Deck” a reference to Extinction Rebellion’s third demand for a Citizens’ Assembly on climate and ecological justice to move beyond our broken parliamentary democracy and place power in the hands of citizens.
In the afternoon, the focus will return to the G7 summit and the main theme of “Drowning in Promises”. A creative art installation will feature a wooden model of the official G7 summit logo sinking beneath the waves as dancing rebels collapse on the sand in a die-in.
- 10:00-18:00: Porthmeor, Town Harbour and Porthminster beaches.
- Beach based activities all day, including training, workshops, samba band, ‘discobedience’, artblockers, art installations, flags, meditation, yoga, tai chi, sand art, etc
- 12:00-14:45: Speeches. [photo opportunity]
- 13:00: ‘Sinking G7’ art installation at tide line. [photo opportunity]
- 14:45-15:00: ‘Discobedience’ performance in front of Sinking G7, followed by die-in.
- 15:00-18:00: Beach based activities continue.
- 18:00 onwards: Rebels disperse and return to accommodation sites / travel home.
Speakers include Dr Mya-Rose Craig, Rob Hopkins, Mothiur Rahman and Dr. Gail BradbrookRead more
This post will expire on Sunday June 13th, 2021 11:59pm