In the midst of the developing coronavirus situation, we are encouraging churches and ecumenical groups to follow national public health guidance.
- Current coronavirus guidance produced by HM Government is available here.
- Travel advice from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office is available here.
We have collated the links below to a number of guidance web pages available from our Member Churches:
- Baptist Union of Great Britain
- Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England & Wales
- Church of England
- Methodist Church
Light a candle of hope: A national call to prayer
In the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic, Presidents of CTE are calling all churches to a National Day of Prayer & Action on Sunday 22nd March. Find out more at www.cte.org.uk/calltoprayer
We are offering our prayers for this ongoing situation, along with Christians all over our nation and our world at this time. A range of prayer resources are being collated below:
- A prayer for those affected by coronavirus from Churches Together in England (text pasted below)
- Prayers from the Liturgy Office of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference – Prayer for times of ‘flu and illness
- Call to Prayer from the Baptist Union of Great Britain
- Prayers and Scripture from the Church of England (available at bottom of page)
- A Coronavirus Prayer from 24-7 Prayer
A prayer for those affected by coronavirus
God, our rock and shield, we pray for our land, and all nations and
places in our world, as many endure the effects of the illness Covid-19
and the Coronavirus pandemic.
For those who are ill, grant healing;
for those who mourn the death of loved ones, bring comfort;
for those who care for the sick, grant strength and endurance;
for those who are isolated or whose livelihoods are threatened, give courage and hope;
for all who take difficult decisions, from governments to health practitioners, give wisdom and compassion to accompany the knowledge and experience that they bring.
Deliver us from this disease, we pray, and enable all nations and communities to grow in collaboration and unity as we face this challenge together.
Grant a legacy of enduring common purpose in facing all that threatens our global common good.
We pray in Jesus’ name, in the unity of the Spirit, Amen.
This post will expire on Sunday May 31st, 2020 11:59pm