Updated: Monday 19th July, 14.00
Following the lifting of the majority of legal restrictions, guidance and documentation have been updated and streamlined. Non-current documents are still available for reference.
Please also see a statement from the Bishop of London
The information and guidance below is produced to help churches navigate the current situation in relation to the spread of the Covid-19 virus. It reflects Government guidance as we move to step 4 of their roadmap as well as that from public health bodies and will be updated as that evolves.
The approach taken by the Government in this step is to remove most coronavirus legislation but to promote guidance that emphasises the personal and corporate responsibility of individuals and organisations to protect others and themselves.
As a body we now need to move forward without legal restrictions and as churches decide how best to manage the risk to ourselves and others, recognising we are many members within one body that are called to be responsible to and for one another, respecting the more vulnerable whose suffering is our suffering.
The circumstances in each parish will inform local decision-making and the aim of this guidance is to help with and support that process.
What is the guidance for opening and managing churches in stage 4? How can we complete a risk assessment for our church building? Should we use NHS test and trace? How can we contribute to vaccination equity campaigns? How can I get a lateral flow test? Is there guidance on live streaming from church buildings? Copyright details for live streaming What resources are available to support mental health and emotional well-being? What advice is there for keeping the church clean? Is there guidance on how we can hold our PCC meeting or APCM?
Current Guidance (from 19 July)
- Risk assessment template for opening church buildings
- Test and Trace consent form template
- Test and Trace online privacy notice template
- Test and Trace privacy notice template
- Mental Health Support Charities
The below Marking our communities resources have been prepared by The Liturgical Commission:
- Prayers of lament, thanksgiving and restoration
- Re-entering our church buildings
- Remembering and Memorials
Previous guidance (non-current or awaiting review)
The documents below are non-current as of 19 July but remain accessible for reference.
- Four step government roadmap
- Permitted Activities under national ‘step’ regulations
- Conducting public worship
- Individual private prayer
- Face coverings
- Holy Communion
- Ordinations and Consecrations
- Confirmation services
- Pastoral encounters
- Outdoor worship and churchyards
- Keeping church buildings clean
- Opening cathedral and church buildings to the public
- Opening church buildings for works to the building and interior
- Permissions for temporary works in churches and cathedrals
- Pastoral support in the community including care homes
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Personal risk factors to clergy, church workers and volunteers
- Safeguarding FAQs
- Church Heating
- Receiving Holy Communion by simultaneous administration
Previous resources/awaiting update
- Risk assessment template for contractors and construction workers
- Risk assessment Template for Outdoor Worship
This post will expire on Monday September 20th, 2021 11:59pm