Foodbank Volunteer Co-ordinator Required for Volunteer Development Project
2 Year fixed term contract, working 3 days per week (22.2 hours)
Salary £11,472 for the 3 days
The Trustees of Liskeard & Looe Foodbank are looking to appoint a volunteer co-ordinator. The co-ordinator will recruit, support and oversee teams of volunteers in exploring the financial situation of current and potential foodbank clients. This will include identifying shortfalls of benefit payments and benefit entitlement and offering assistance with basic household budgeting skills.
This position involves recruiting, supporting, and mentoring volunteers throughout Southeast Cornwall. The co-ordinator will supervise volunteers using the Turn2us benefit calculator to ensure clients are receiving the correct benefit entitlement. They will work closely with the Foodbank Manager to identify clients who would benefit from the programme. They will also promote the project and form working relationships with local professionals, schools, and referral partners.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Able to recruit, support and manager volunteers.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and also in a team.
- Be compassionate and have the ability to work with people from disadvantaged, marginalised or socially excluded backgrounds.
- Have experience of managing and supporting people
A clean driving license and access to own transport is essential. Training will be given for this role.
To apply for this position please contact Liskeard & Looe Foodbank for an application pack.
Closing date is 18th October 2021Read more