Communications Manager (part time / home working)
£24,960 p.a (pro rata) 8 hours per week.
Hidden Help is a small but rapidly expanding charity that serves the most vulnerable of Cornwall with practical assistance. We are committed to equal opportunities, racial justice and under Section 158 of the Equalities Act 2010 are committed to positive action to compensate for those that are disadvantaged.
We are looking for a dynamic, hard working and reliable communications manager to join our team. They will have a heart for social justice, experience in working in the third sector and be excellent at communicating (verbally & online), administration and the use of social media. They must have excellent time management and the ability to set boundaries around that time whilst working independently, having a working knowledge of GDPR and Safeguarding legislation.
The role is home based, and the applicant would need to be available from between 9 &
10.30 am each working day to answer calls and liaise with trustees, volunteers and referral agencies. An iPad and telephone will be provided for the sole use of Hidden Help business. Five weeks paid leave (pro rata) and although the number of hours takes the role below the financial threshold for Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), Hidden Help will follow the legal guidelines in all reasonable claims.
Their key responsibilities will be:
- Collate and report on the activities of the charity in terms of client service.
- Answer emails & other messages (messenger / website) from donors, coordinate collections and liaise with volunteers.
- Be available to answer calls from referral agencies between 9 & 10.30 am each day and respond to any messages left outside of those hours.
- Arrange volunteer DBS checking using our provider.
- Develop the use of social media for both publicity and community building.
- Be an ambassador for the work of Hidden Help.
- Take minutes from trustees meetings (on zoom / google meet) one evening a month for two hours; time in lieu available or overtime at 1.5 if required.
- Write a monthly electronic newsletter highlighting the work of Hidden Help and maintain a donor / client / volunteer database under current GDPR guidelines.
Applications by CV and covering letter, to arrive at Unit C, Primrose Workshops no later than midday Friday 30th April 2021. For an informal chat, please email email@example.com to arrange. Shortlisting will be on Wednesday 5th May and interviews the week following by mutual arrangement.Read more
This post will expire on Friday April 30th, 2021 11:59pm