8 Mar 2022
- Support Ukraine NOW – Worldwide network with resources for donating, protesting, and volunteering. The website includes country specific tips for over 20 countries.
- With Ukraine, is a special fund to provide humanitarian assistance to Ukraine’s civilian population established by the Embassy of Ukraine in the UK
- The UNHCR Refugee Agency emergency appeal to help ensure that Ukrainians forced to flee their homes are sheltered and safe.
- The Red Cross have established a Ukraine Crisis Appeal to provide food, water, first aid, medicine, warm clothes, and shelter.
- Humanity Inclusion UK have established an emergency fund to support disabled and vulnerable people in Ukraine.
- Defend Ukraine have collated a list of fundraisers, charities, and donation links in support of Ukraine, covering financial and humanitarian aid, medical supplies, and military support.
- The Ukraine Crisis Media Center has published a list of recommendations of charities in Ukraine to support.
- Ukraine Charity, London: humanitarian appeal – Ukraine Charity are a UK registered charity.
- British-Ukrainian Aid – supports people suffering from the war and humanitarian crisis in Ukraine by aligning UK and Ukrainian efforts.
- UAHELP – Support Ukraine is coordinating donations and deliveries of essential goods, medicines, food products, special, medical equipment and ammunition, as well as volunteer registrations. The site is currently available in Ukrainian and will be in English shortly.
- Details of physical donation points in the London area, as well as guidance on priority needs and how to prepare donations, can be found here.
- Nova Poshta – delivering aid throughout Ukraine for free. In the UK, you can post or take parcels directly to their warehouses in Maidstone and Eastleigh, or donate to support their efforts. Warehouse details for eight countries via the link.
- The Kyiv Independent needs support to continue reporting on the ground from Ukraine.
- 24.02 Fund – Ukrainian journalists urgently need protective equipment to continue their courageous reporting. Support Zaborona Media’s 24.02 Fund to provide it for them.
- In the US, Razom for Ukraine and Nova Ukraine are raising money for Emergency Response.
- Trusted colleagues of ours are also advising donating to the National Bank of Ukraine, to transfer direct funding to the Ukrainian armed forces. The account accepts a number of currencies including GBP, EUR, USD, and CHF.
Demonstrations of support
- Send an email to your MP urging them to support Ukraine by pushing for sanctions and safe passage for refugees. You can find your MPs contact details here and we have drafted a template email here (available in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish). This will take you less than 10 minutes to do, and will make your voice heard by your MP! (NB MPs care more about numbers of emails they receive rather than how fine-tuned your language is so don’t delay sending!)
- London Euromaidan have created templates to write to your MP specifically about the nuclear danger of the war on Ukraine, to call for more sanctions on Russia and Belarus, and to support a no-fly zone.
- Write to your child’s headteacher to urge them to provide compassion and counselling to pupils, to ensure that discussions of the war in school show respect to Ukraine and condemn Russia’s illegal invasion, and to request that the school fundraise for humanitarian aid in Ukraine.
- Join your local demonstrations (follow Ukraine Solidarity Campaign, Euromaidan London for London). An international list of demonstrations can be found here. Consider printing leaflets and posters. If your town isn’t holding a demonstration, consider organising one. Chances are, there will be many others who will want to join you.
- Help Refugees in the UK – Donation details for humanitarian and medical aid. Includes a Google Form allowing you to register the help you can offer for Ukrainian refugees arriving in the UK.
- Consider signing one of these petitions. Get in touch if you learn of other relevant petitions.
- UkraineNow is a global effort to coordinate help: evacuations, medical & food supplies, information, and cash on the ground. Through UkraineNow you can sign up to host Ukrainians who have left the country.
- We recommend English-language outlets The Kyiv Independent and The New Voice of Ukraine.
- Follow Ukraine-based journalists: Olga Tokariuk, Christopher Miller, Nika Melkozerova, Illia Ponomarenko (and many others!).
- We Are Ukraine – Information about Ukraine’s contribution to freedom and lasting peace in the world. Learn about the Ukrainian nation, its resilience, and share the truth about the war in Ukraine.
- Ukrainian MFA statements on the evacuation of African and Indian nationals.
You can also donate to the Ukrainian Institute London, we are an independent charity and we do need donations to keep going — but we would prefer right now for your donations to go towards humanitarian aid or supporting the Ukrainian army.