The aim of this guide is to help you think through the why/when/what and how of running a successful church holiday club online. It may be helpful to work through the headings below as a planning group, so that your vision for doing this is clear and shared by those involved. For many of you, you may have anticipated doing your Holiday Club as per normal, but the Covid-19 pandemic has forced you to rethink your plans. Lots of things around the ‘Why’ remain the same, but the ‘How’ will naturally differ significantly.
Holiday Clubs or Holiday Activity Days, whether done face to face or online can be a great way to connect with children but before you dive in, here are a few questions to think through:
- Why do you want to run an online holiday club?
- When will you run it and for how long? Online will need to be thought through carefully.
- What kinds of things do you want to include in the programme?
- Who will you need and how will you gather a team?
- How much will the online holiday club cost to run?
- How will you tell children and their families about the online holiday club, plus get any necessary resources to them?
- How could you make sure the whole church feels involved?
- When the online holiday club is over, what might be the next step?
- What platform/s might you use to run the online holiday club?
Post expires on September 20th, 2020