NCVO resources to help organisations become financially sustainable
The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) offers a number of online funding and income planning content for not-for-profit organisations to help them become more financially sustainable. The resources, which are free to access, include:
- understanding the grant process, from writing your application to preparing budget bids. Whether you’re a first timer or an experienced fundraiser, NCVO has all you need to know about making your grant applications.
- fundraising methods and tips on how to choose the best approach for your organisation.
- finding grants, changes to grant fundraising during COVID19 and recommended steps for first time grant applicants (please note that the content on Funding Central is out-of-date as this service is scheduled to end on 31 March 2021).
Charities Aid Foundation info centre
The Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) has an information centre for charities, including:
- Latest COVID-19 funding for charities
- Latest insight from CAF
- Guidance and resources
- Tips and advice to help you fundraise
- Raising funds online, staying secure and borrowing
- Subscribe for email updates
Giving is Great resources
The Giving is Great non-profit aims to help charities raise fund effectively, and match donors with charities that are aligned with their passions. The Giving is Great resources page includes books, TED talks, websites, matchmaking platforms, advice for donors, and advice about volunteering, as well as research and impact analysis.
Charity Digital/Catalyst support for all things digital
- How to prioritise your digital projects – blog – effective digital project management involves deciding what needs to be worked on and in what order.
- How to get started with social media advertising – blog – running ads on social media can be tricky. And when you’re a charity with limited time and resources, even trickier. From interfaces to cookies to data privacy, where do you even begin?
- How to tell your story with digital – blog – one of the main challenges for a digital team at a charity is how to reach people. How do you get your story out there?
- Cyber security: challenges and advice – five essential cyber security issues every charity needs to consider, and six easy tips to keep charity professionals safe from cyber criminals when working from home.
Digital Candle 1 hour of free advice
If you work for a voluntary organisation and could use an hour of help on digital, data or design from a volunteer expert, take a look at Digital Candle. An initiative of Platypus Digital, supported by Catalyst, the free service matches voluntary organisations up with one of more than 300 volunteer experts for an hour of free advice. Simply submit your question and within 48 hours you will receive an email matching you with an appropriate expert, who will provide advice and possible signposting on to additional support resources. No question is too broad or too niche; whatever you need to know, Digital Candle will find someone who can help.
Sharing data lawfully
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has a data sharing information hub which provides clear guidance and practical tools for organisations and businesses on how to share data lawfully, while protecting people’s personal information. Find out more here.Read more
This post will expire on Friday April 23rd, 2021 11:59pm