Quakers in Britain, one of CTE’s Member Churches, are co-launching Build Back Better, a new campaign for a green and just recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic.
The campaign says let’s not go back to normal.
Build Back Better brings together a broad range of members including unions, youth campaigns, health workers, green NGOs and faith-based organisations, to campaign for a recovery that protects public services, creates good jobs and tackles inequality and the climate crisis.
The campaign is founded on five key principles:
- Secure the health and needs of everyone in the UK now and into the future, irrespective of employment or nationality.
- Protect and invest in public services.
- Rebuild society with a transformative Green New Deal – a plan to decarbonise the economy in a way that tackles inequality and enhances people’s lives.
- Invest in people – restructure public and private finance so it supports sectors that nourish society and safeguard the future.
- Build solidarity and community across borders – promote changes that end global power inequalities.
Virtual rallies are planned while social distancing applies. The campaign is encouraging people to write to their MP, and supporting local groups to work together to build a people-powered mandate for a recovery that benefits people and planet.Read more
Post expires on August 16th, 2020