Every day the BBC radio station where you live brings communities together to make a difference closer to home.
Make a Difference Awards
We want to celebrate people who are going above and beyond to make a difference where you live.
The awards are a chance to say “Thank You” and show recognition and appreciation for people who love to make life better for others.
Please read through our categories below and complete the online form to nominate someone. You can nominate anyone of any age, however we ask that you are aged 18 or over to submit an entry.
Nominations close on Friday 29 April 2022 at 11pm.
Winners will be selected by a panel of judges and awards will be given in each category, across each local BBC radio station. Click here for full award rules and our privacy notice.
Select a category below to nominate someone
- Volunteer Award Awarded to an individual who makes a real difference to the community by giving up their time voluntarily to help out a charity or good cause. Volunteer Award
- Community Group Award Awarded to a group of people who have helped to genuinely change the lives of others within the community. Community Group Award
- Fundraiser Award Awarded to an individual or group of people who have gone the extra mile to raise funds for a charity or good cause. Fundraiser Award
- Carer Award Awarded to someone who improves the life of an individual or group of people by caring for them on a regular basis. Carer Award
- Great Neighbour Award Awarded to an individual or group of people who help to make the neighbourhood or local community a better place to live or work, either on a regular basis or through a single act of kindness. Great Neighbour Award
- Key Worker Award Awarded to a key worker who has gone above and beyond their call of duty to help others. Key Worker Award
- Environmental Award Awarded to an individual or group of people who help to make where we live more environmentally friendly. Environmental Award
- The Together Award Awarded to an individual or group of people who create real change by breaking down barriers and bringing together people from different walks of life for a common cause.