The Lord reigns, he is robed in majesty; the Lord robed in majesty and armed with strength; indeed, the world is established, firm and secure. Your throne was established long ago; you are from all eternity. The seas have lifted up, Lord, the seas have lifted up their voice; the seas have lifted up their pounding waves. Mightier than the thunder of the great waters, mightier than the breakers of the sea – the Lord on high is mighty. Your statutes, Lord, stand firm; holiness adorns your house for endless days.
Please thank God and pray for…
- Sing2G7 – watch the recording ‘Gee Seven’ – the Truro Cathedral Event on 12th June – Living for Tomorrow.
- Open Letter & Video to G7 Leaders – the concern shown by many across society, but especially the young, to re-think our systems and lifestyles for the good of all.
- The Prayer Relay G7 to COP26 – the chance to focus attention particularly on poverty, the environment, climate change and the opportunities also of COP26.
- The Creation Care & Wave of Hope Display at St Anta Church, Carbis Bay – uniting in prayer and Christians collaborating across the County of Cornwall, and the world.
- The proposals that have already been sent to government involving Christian input into the Summit or those on the periphery will be accepted and have an impact for the Kingdom.
- The involvement of Cornish MPs, particularly Derek Thomas, the local MP for St Ives.
- The Police, Council Staff, Falmouth Maritime Museum Staff and all dealing with G7 Accommodation and the Hospitality Industry – all the visitors and reporters planning to gather in Cornwall and the opportunities that might create for Christian outreach.
- Those who are planning protests, that their interventions may be constructive and non-violent.
- The press and media – that reports will be accurate, fair, and uplifting.
- Those whose lives will be disrupted by security arrangements, traffic, and presence of many visitors.
- The G7 Leaders and Delegates themselves, that they may be aware of the social and environmental challenges we face in the county and worldwide: the host Boris Johnson Prime Minister of the UK; Justin Trudeau Prime Minister Canada; Emmanuel Macron President of France; Angela Merkel Chancellor of Germany; Mario Draghi Prime Minister of Italy; Yoshihide Suga Prime Minister of Japan; Joe Biden President of America; Ursula von der Leyon; President of the European Commission; Charles Michel European Council President; Scott Morrison Prime Minister of Australia; Chung Sye-kyun Prime Minister of South Korea; Narendra Modi Prime Minister of India; and Cyril Ramaphosa President of South Africa.
Post expires on June 13th, 2021