Responsible for: the development and delivery of the strategic plan including coordinating and developing closer relationships with external referrers for the Penryn and Falmouth Foodbank.
Overall responsibility of the job: To lead the creation, implementation and onward monitoring of effectiveness of a Strategic plan, specifically dealing with external agencies.
Key Skills & Desirable Qualities: Good oral communication, confident use of email, word processing and internet and social media accounts, ability to work independently and unsupervised, numerate and comfortable interpreting statistical data, honesty and integrity, empathy and ability to work with people from disadvantaged, marginalised, or socially excluded backgrounds, passionate about tackling poverty.
Specific responsibilities, Foodbank Strategy
- Create a Strategic plan for the Penryn and Falmouth Foodbank that is aligned to the strategic long-term vision of the Trussell Trust, including attendance in person or on-line of the Trussell Trust local area network update sessions
- Implementation of that plan including the monitoring and reporting of progress against the plan.
- Review of existing referral agencies and where appropriate, conversion to the e-voucher system, offering re-training as required.
- Recruitment of additional referral agencies as required.
- Review existing network of Support agencies, analysis of effectiveness against the Strategic plan, with the view of strengthening the relationships and increasing the visibility of these agencies to the foodbank volunteers.
- Promote the Foodbank within community activities, such as but not exclusively schools and colleges, local companies, Penryn Town fair etc.
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Ability to manage and monitor the development of a project
- Experience of managing people
- Experience of working in an organisation that deploys volunteers advantageous.